Was thinking this afternoon about Brand loyalty and it got me thinking about the Brands that I have a long term loyalty too. I define long term as more than 5 years and for the purposes of this blog the brand can’t be a monopoly. So here is my list
1) Coke Cola – I am sure they drink Diet Coke in Heaven
2) QANTAS – Their safety record and the level of service. When I have been overseas for a few weeks, there is something great about boarding a plane and hearing an Aussie accent.
3) Holden – I used to drive a Ford, then I bought a Holden and the next 4 cars I have purchased have all been Holdens.
4) Nokia mobile phones – I have never owned any phone but a Nokia.
5) Channel Ten 5pm News – Been watching it now for about 14 years. Love it. Better than Sky News where they have a 30 min bulletin and 50% of the time is sport.
6) St George Bank. The bank and I have had our problems over the years, but to St George’s credit, they work hard at bringing about an acceptable resolution.
7) Lipton Tea – Best tasting tea of the lot.
8) Calvin Klein – Most comfortable jocks ever.
9) Flight Centre – Particularly Flight Centre Maroubra
10) Clifton Accountants – Good team of professionals who give good advice.
11) Arnette Watches – my watch always attracts comments.
12) McDonalds – Yep it made the list. I have been eating Big Macs for 25 years and plan to continue the practice.
13) Kawasaki – My ZZR1100 is the best bike I have ever ridden. Its the only vehicle that I have ever had an emotional relationship with.
14) Domino’s Pizza – Love them. Best Pizza of the massed produced variety.
These ones don’t meet the 5 year rule criteria – but I will mention them anyway
1) Fuller Theological Seminary – Really love the format of their online learning environment
2) Apple – I totally love my iPad – best productivity device ever
3) Facebook – Love social media
So what Brands are you loyal to?
RIP dominos nowra haha
Pepsi Max- have been drinking the stuff ever since it came out.
Trevi Fountain Nowra- best italian food in Nowra. And relatively cheap,too.
Coles- I try to avoid the other shops if I can. Beautiful people. Fast service. Good range of specials. And right next to a good butcher.
Supercoat- doggie swears by the stuff. It’s kind of expensive but cheaper than the vet food and the supercoat sensitive is just as good.
Camberwarra general store and post office- friendliest people in Nowra. My favourite LPO to pick up from.
What’s in a name? I’ll follow what gives me what I’ve asked for.
Most, if not all brand names charge for the brand name, therefore I don’t want to buy it. It’s kind of like being a sheep!
I thought you might have mentioned “Cross” in that list somewhere….
Interesting list Pete? In addition to the services these brands provide is price also a factor in defining your loyalty? Or does quality only matter to you?
Price is a factor, however I am prepared to pay a little extra for good service. Although good service is getting harder to find these days.