Dear Prime Minister Scott,
Congratulations on becoming Australia’s Prime Minister.
Almost three years ago to the day when Malcom Turnbull first became Prime Minister, I wrote him an Open Letter and published it through my blog site. As I re read that letter today, a lot of the sentiment that I felt then is exactly the same as I feel now.
But little has changed in our nation over the last three years. This is one of the big issues that I see that now faces Australia. We have a revolving door of both ALP and Coalition Prime Ministers, where sitting Prime Ministers are not even allowed by their own party colleagues, to serve a full term. So, whilst the Political Parties play games down in Canberra, we the people are left wondering where are the Statesman type leadership that we need to move this country forward?
And this country is a great country. But it needs great leadership and in my humble opinion, we have been devoid of great leadership now for 12 years.
Australia is the world’s 12th largest economy and the 6th largest country in terms of land mass on the planet. Additionally we are ranked :-
- No. 11 Highest life expectancy in the world. (World Bank World Development Indicators)
- No. 7 Most generous private donors in the world (2012 Charities Aid Foundation)
- No.3 for Human Rights (2014 International Human Rights Rank Indicator)
- No.1 on Legal Rights (World Economic Forum Global Competitiveness Index)
- No.1 exporter for Coal, Iron Ore, Aluminum Ores and Zinc (UN Comtrade database)
- No.12 contributor to the UN Budget (UN Website)
- No. 11 Largest receiver of International Tourist dollars. (World Economic Forum)
- No.11 Ease of doing Business (World Bank International Finance Corporation)
- No. 9 in Transparency (low incidence of corruption) ( 2013 Transparency International)
- And we have four of the top 10 Most Livable Cities in the world.
Australia is a great nation and certainly I am passionately patriotic so out of my passion and love for our nation, let me be so bold as to suggest some things that should be high on your agenda as our new PM.
First up stop the political rhetoric, slogans and rubbish that we constantly get fed. Treat the Australian people as if they are intelligent articulate voters. Tell us your plan now that you are the leader and communicate clearly the strategy to achieve that plan.
Secondly and somewhat related, don’t be a leader that succumbs to populist polices. Instead what we need is a statesman leader who can unite their party with a vision for our nation.
Thirdly within this vision and strategic plan address these issues:
- Come up with a sustainable energy policy that will force energy companies to treat Australians with fairness instead of the blatant price gouging that we are currently living through.
- Help our famers come up with drought proofing strategies for future droughts, whilst at the same time, generously helping the famers that are currently in crisis.
- Deal with the issue of human trafficking coming into Australia. My suggestion would be start with the human cargo coming in through the coal port of Newcastle.
- Reduce the Indigenous Incarceration rates. Aboriginals account for 3% of the Australian population but 27% of the Adult prison population. Something is wrong with these figures.
- Remove the racial clauses in our constitution and give Indigenous Australians constitutional recognition.
- Work to reduce the number of people being killed by their partners or ex partners. 49 people have lost their lives this year alone through Domestic Violence related deaths. But as part of this issue, please look at the inequities in the judicial system. Particularly in the area of violent offenders being given bail and or leniency when they constantly break Domestic Violence Orders.
- Whilst speaking of the Judicial system….it seems that there are two laws….one for Muslims and one for non muslims. Why is this? It also appears that the law is open to radical swings of interpretation. I am not a lawyer but I am pretty sure Common Law should not open to the personal whims of magistrates.
- Read this article I wrote on the failings of our Bail System in Australia.
- Address whatever is the cause of the creation of extremists/terrorists with aussie accents. How do we address this whilst not eroding religious freedoms in our nation?
- Address the way some children are forced, due to court orders, to spend time with parents they fear.
- The huge National Debt that we have as Aussies and the waste of money that is the interest on the National Debt.
- Address the lack of Mental Health Support Services in Rural Australia – may I suggest start in Shoalhaven City.
- Work on solving the spreading ICE epidemic that is destroying lives and families.
- Compassionately but decisively deal with what can only be described as Australia’s unsustainable overly generous welfare system.
- Deal with the vilification of people when they speak out on issues that are against the leftist media. Reality is that Free Speech is dead in Australia. This is exceptionally sad as it stifles robust debate. We need robust debate in Australia for a healthy democracy.
I hope you are able to unite the Coalition Government. I wish you all the best in your leadership of our country. Be assured of my prayers.
And May God Bless Australia.