Dear Mr E. Bunny.
Love your work.
I am possibly your biggest fan.
I think you are one of the greatest preachers I know for the cause of Christ around this Easter period. Love your props. Chocolate Eggs? Brilliant! What a great way to communicate the powerful truths of the message of Easter in a non threatening Missional way. You sir, inspire me.
From what I understand, these are the ten basic points of your message:-
1) You are using eggs because they are round – a circle with no beginning and no end, which represents eternity – time with no beginning and no end – of course Easter deals with the issue of where we will spend the eternities so this symbology is accurate, and beautifully communicated.
2) Eggs are eggs and eggs represent the potential of new life. We have new life in Christ, in fact it’s like we have been born again, born a second time where the old things are passed away. Easter represents that birth point, so eggs are very poignant.
3) Obviously, you have used the chocolate eggs in the knowledge that the best way to experience an Easter egg is get it inside you. Red Tulip Easter Eggs are my favourite. Anyway this illustrates the best way to experience Jesus, is to get him inside you, into your heart and life. Again I must compliment you on the creativity of your preaching props. So engaging and powerfully and tastefully communicating great truths.
4) I know that some people don’t believe in Easter Eggs. However not believing in Easter eggs, doesn’t make them go away. Just like not believing in Jesus doesn’t make Him go away. Again great symbology.
5) I am not sure who first asked you to be a preacher of the Easter message but it was great that they chose a rabbit. My daughters have bunnies and they breed like, well um, rabbits. I am assuming Easter bunnies were chosen, as rabbits multiply in abundance, and we as Christians are called to multiply disciples, by telling others about Jesus. So you Mr E Bunny are a powerful reminder that we are called to tell others about Jesus and reproduce ourselves in a chain of grace passed on from generation to generation.
6) I have eaten a few of your eggs in the past and I Love the fact Mr Bunny, that you have used markings on the eggs. I have noticed you never get a smooth egg. This is a brilliant representation of the stripes that Jesus took on his body – by His stripes we are healed. Powerful and Biblical.
7) The empty tomb is represented by the hollow eggs. Outstanding. How did you come up with this stuff? The power of the empty tomb can’t be argued away by a Post Modern generation. Death didn’t hold Christ and He rose three days later. An essential truth to our faith. Love it.
8) From my experience you have to unwrap an Easter egg to enjoy it’s full benefits, which I know is you illustrating that you have to unwrap the message of the cross to enjoy it’s full benefits. I mean you can admire them from afar but it’s not until you unwrap the egg that you get to experience the benefits of the egg. People need to unwrap the Easter message to see that it’s a message of outrageous and undeserved love. It’s a scandal of biblical proportions.
9) I am guessing that the reason that most of the Easter Eggs that I have seen are brown, is because you wanted some way of representing the cross, (brown wood) the implement that was used to kill Jesus, who took the place of punishment for our sin as he lay down his life for us .
10) From my experience Mr Bunny, If you try and keep your Easter egg and not open it but just carry it around, it goes away. It melts, it gets old, it gets lost, the dog eats it. If we do not accept the invitation to receive Jesus Christ during this life, the invitation goes away. There are no post mortem second chances.
Mr E Bunny, thank you for the passion and consistency with which you preach Christ year after year after year during the Easter Season. I love how early these days the shops put your preaching props up for sale. I love how eager they are to get the message of Jesus out at Easter.
Ps Peter Pilt
If you would like to donate to my ministry: Here are my bank details.
- A/C Name: Life Development Services
- BSB: 112 879
- A/C: 128 085 816
- Swift Code: SGBLAU2S
If this Blog has been helpful, informative or inspirational to you, please feel free to share it on Social Media. Email Subscriptions to my blog are welcome or you can contact me through Facebook (facebook.com/peterpilt), Twitter (@PeterPilt) or Insta (@PeterPilt). Have a great day.
For the record my personal email address is firstname.lastname@example.org I love connecting with people. Email me if you would like.