This is the Doctrinal Statement that Nowra City Church adheres to. This is what we believe as a church.
- We believe that the Bible is God’s Word. It is accurate, authoritative and applicable to our every day lives (2 Timothy 3:16-17, 2 Peter 1:19-21).
- We believe in one eternal God who is the Creator of all things. He exists in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. He is totally loving and completely holy (Genesis 1:1, Isaiah 43:10-11, Matthew 28:19, John 17:11, 1 John 4:16)
- We believe that sin has separated each of us from God and His purpose for our lives (Isaiah 59:2, Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23).
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ as both God and man is the only One who can reconcile us to God. He lived a sinless and exemplary life, died on the cross in our place and rose again to prove His victory and empower us for life (Isaiah 53:4-6, John 1:1-14, John 14:6, Colossians 2:13-15, 1 Corinthians 15:20).
- We believe that in order to receive forgiveness and the ‘new birth’ we must repent of our sins, believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and as believers we submit to His will for our lives (John 3:3) (Acts 2:38) (Romans 10:9) (Ephesians 2:8-9) (1 John 1:9)
- We believe that our eternal destination of either heaven or hell is determined by our response in this life, to the Lord Jesus Christ (John 3:36, John 5:28-29, 2 Thessalonians 1:8-9, Revelation 20:11-15). He is the only way to Heaven
- We believe that in order to live the holy and fruitful lives that God intends for us we need to be baptized in water and be filled with the power of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit enables us to use spiritual gifts, including speaking in tongues (Mark 16:16, Acts 1:8, Acts 2:4, Galatians 5:22-23).
- We believe in the power and significance of the local Church and the necessity of believers to meet regularly together for fellowship, prayer and the ‘breaking of bread’ (Matthew 16:17-19, Acts 2:42, 1 Corinthians 11:17-34). We believe that the church is the body and Christ and that it has a responsibility to be the hands and feet of God to the World today. (1 Cor 12-14)
- We believe that God wants us to pray to him and that prayer makes a difference. (James 5:16, Phil 4:6-7)
- We believe in living generous lives characterized by regular sowing into the offerings of the local church. (Mal 3:8-10, 2 Corinthians 9:11)
- We believe that every believer is given power to live a victorious, overcoming life. (1 John 5:4)
- We believe that God has individually equipped us so that we can successfully achieve His purpose for our lives which is to worship God, fulfil our role in the Church and serve the community in which we live (John 4:23-24, Galatians 6:10, Ephesians 2:10).
- We believe that God wants to heal and transform us so that we can live healthy, whole and blessed lives in order to help others more effectively (Joshua 1:8, Matthew 8:16-17, 1 Thessalonians 5:23, 3 John 2, 2 Corinthians 9:11).
- We believe that there is a devil – formally one of three Arch Angels, caused the fall of man in the Garden of Eden. The devil and one third of the fallen angels are now active here on earth until the final judgement. The devil and his hordes were stripped of power at the cross. (Gen 3:1, Col 2:13-15, 1 Peter 5:8)
- We believe that we are instrumental in fulfilling the Great Commission and so therefore we live missional lives focused on the unchurched, believing that the will of God is that none should perish. (1 Peter 3:9, Matt 28:18-20)
- We believe that social justice reflects the heart of God and so the DNA of Nowra City Church is toward giving a voice to those in the world who have no voice, or who are hurting, oppressed, abused or persecuted. (Is 1, Matt 25)
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is coming back again as He promised (John 14:1-3, Acts 1:11, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18).
Categories: Church related, Theology
God’s Word is black and white, not fifty shades of grey. It is not meant to be over analysed, pulled apart and reassembled to fit today’s world standards. It is God who ordains, not man and it is the Holy Spirit who Distributes the spiritual gifts not bible colleges. With these things in mind put on Love.