I was driving to Sydney yesterday and the Savage Garden song, Affirmation came on the radio. The lyrics to the song are all about what they believe. Some of the lyrics are following this paragraph. Anyway it got me thinking to some of the things that I believe, so I thought I would blog a list of things I believe. But first some words from the song:-
I believe the sun should never set upon an argument
I believe we place our happiness in other people’s hands
I believe that junk food tastes so good because it’s bad for you
I believe your parents did the best job they knew how to do
I believe that beauty magazines promote low self esteem
I believe I’m loved when I’m completely by myself alone
I believe in Karma what you give is what you get returned
I believe you can’t appreciate real love until you’ve been burned
I believe the grass is no more greener on the other side
I believe you don’t know what you’ve got until you say goodbye
I believe you can’t control or choose your sexuality
I believe that trust is more important than monogamy
I believe your most attractive features are your heart and soul
I believe that family is worth more than money or gold
So here are some things that I believe:-
- I believe Australia is the best country in the world
- I believe that a family with a mum and a dad is the best setting to raise children
- I believe that binge drinking is a sad part of the Australian culture
- I believe that democracy with all its flaws is the best political system the world has outside of a Theocracy.
- I believe life should be lived as an adventure and each and every day embraced as an opportunity to experience the width and depth of life
- I believe the Carbon Tax will have zero impact on the environment
- I believe Macs are starting to take over the computer world and in ten years time there will be no such thing as a PC
- I believe Diet Coke is a great drink
- I believe Political Correctness is stupid
- I believe the Duopoly that exist in our food retail industry between Coles and Woolworths is not a positive thing for the consumer
- I believe it’s an unfortunate that the F word is now very much a part of every day life
- I believe I am a sinner that needs a savior and that through Jesus Christ; I will live for eternity in heaven
- I believe Jap bikes like Kawasakis are better than Harleys
- I believe it’s a sad state of the world to see children suffering hunger, poverty, and being exploited by adults
- I believe the Australian social welfare system is one of the best in the world, but I also believe that it has been mismanaged and is now creating a generation of people that have a handout mentality and entitlement framework
- I believe that Big Bang Theory is a funny TV show
- I believe I am addicted to chocolate.
- I believe that Social Media and Texting is killing people’s ability to dialogue.
- I believe your net worth has nothing to do with your worth as a person
- I believe “Hello” is the most powerful word against loneliness
- I believe that our political system doesn’t champion robust debate in order to come up with answers to the tough questions that our nation faces
- I believe that loyal long terms friends are gold
- I believe the Bible is the authentic word of God
- I believe study is a worthwhile endeavor
- I believe adultery is a devastating thing to happen to a marriage
- I believe John Howard was a good Prime Minister
- I believe smoking is dumb
- I believe everyone should travel overseas and experience other cultures
- I believe credit card interest is too high
- I believe it’s impossible to watch a baby being born and not acknowledge that there is a God
- I believe purple is a good color
- I believe the guys in the Tour de France are fitter than I am
- I believe we should educate ourselves on people skills, financial management, and how to have a great marriage.
- I believe Brian Houston is an inspiring leader
- I believe the Sydney Olympics were the best Olympics ever
- I believe marriage is between a man and a woman
- I believe the world has much to lose if America retreats from being a super power
- I believe in setting goals and having a bucket list.
- I believe in my two daughters and I think they are amazing young ladies.
- I believe dads should take more photos of their kids while they are growing up.
- I believe we should talk to older people more and hear the stories of their lives.
- I believe Beiber fever is just plain strange.
- I believe lost friendships are sad
- I believe school doesn’t equip you for life.
- I believe a person who can read but doesn’t is no better than a person who cant read
- I believe in the power of doing something small for a very long time
- I believe its not a positive thing for many TV shows and movies to feature gay relationships
- I believe Atheists are arrogant, thinking that science provides all the answers to the world and thinking that people who have a faith are intellectual dullards.
- I believe that self pity is one of the most destructive emotions
- I believe suicide is a selfish act that leaves long term scars on family members
- I believe in the local church, with all its lumps, bumps and warts.
- I believe that we place more value on the life of someone from a Western nation than we do someone from Asia or Africa and I believe that is wrong.
- I believe in keeping your virginity until you get married
- I believe driving on the left hand side of the road is the right thing to do
So there are a few things that I believe. Want to add to the list? Post in the comments the things that you believe.
Categories: Life, Wisdom for life
Love it. Thanks for putting the time in for such a post. I believe posts like these are worth their weight in gold…
I believe that Coke Zero is better than Diet Coke
I believe chips are better than chocolate
I believe that lust is just as bad as adultry
i believe I go to a great church
I believe that we as people should live life to the fullest and never take advantage of the ones we love.
I believe MOST of what you believe, SOME of what you believe i do not agree with but think are about things that are NOT important enough to make a big deal about such as your belief about diet coke. and some things you say i PARTLY believe but also see another side for instance study the other side it that it can also be a wearying of the flesh so i PARTLY believe what you say there i also believe suicide is an act of selfishness but i also believe it to be an act of desperation and that attempted suicide can also be a cry for help. I believe that the church is the bride of christ and as such is precious to God and can be a place of great deeds and encouragement as long as it keeps Jesus in it’s midst and continues to follow Him and does not become too enamored with itself and starts to deviate from devotion to HIM and that the sad truth is that when it does deviate from being devoted to HIM it can be a terror and do a great deal of damage a fact which history bears out the truth of that and that sometimes you may even have to vote with your feet and not support it when it gets away from Christ to that degree but that all acts should be for the purpose of bringing about repentence and reconciliation with God. Like you i don’t mind the idea of robust debate that eminates from a passionate and sincere heart but i have learned that many who say they are okay with robust debate when you robustly debate with them get offended so i have believe you have to be mindful of that and try to work out where a person is at so that you can as far as it lies in you be at peace with everyone yet without compromise and that you might have to peg it back a little in order to reach someone. These are some of the things i believe.
PS. I forgot to say that while athiests may have some arrogant view i have been talking to one recently and he is as willing to listen to me as i have been to listen to him so yes whilst i know what you are saying there it’s not something i believe pointing out to an athiest would have much positive effect and i know that there have been in times when i have been arrogant too so i believe it doesn’t give me my best opportunity with them to tell them that fact but if the Holy Spirit say tell them then you do don’t you. I just believe in being sensitive to the Spirit and letting Him have as much opportunity to says what HE wants to say through me as possible so i pray that i would be able to express “spritual truths with spiritual words” these are the things that i passionately believe in not that i alway get it right and do that mind you.