Both my daughters are very goal orientated. It comes from growing up in an environment where Goals and Bucket Lists are a part of life.
Here are a few of my blogs on the topic:
- Why I am a fan of having a Bucket List
- My Reverse Bucket List – 50 things I plan on not doing.
- Everything you need to know about Goal Setting
Laura, my 15 year old daughter, posted the following on her Facebook wall this morning (New Year’s Day 2019). Thought it was brilliant and worth sharing. The world would be a better place if we all had these goals for 2019.
The pic is of Laura from New Years Eve at Surfers Paradise. Photo credit: Amy Dobbie.
2018 has been.. interesting. Well here’s 18 things I learnt in 2018:
1. Kindness is so powerful and I need to learn to be kinder. Kindness can change the world.
2. I am not too sure about what the future holds but that’s ok.
3. My friends are amazing and I need to love and appreciate them more.
4. Making mistakes doesn’t matter as long as you learn from them.
5. Dogs are the best things in the entire world.
6. Life is too short to not eat Oreos.
7. Whether you think you can or whether you think you can’t – you’re right.
8. True courage isn’t the absence of fear but is refusing to let it control your actions (still learning this one).
9. Doing things that make you scared will make less things you do scary.
10. It’s important to see things from other people’s perspectives.
11. Things aren’t black and white.
12. To subscribe to PewDiePie.
13. To trust in God a lot more.
14. Nobody is ever perfect, everyone is on a journey.
15. We can make our plans but the lord determines our steps.
16. To read more books.
17. To be more open minded and accepting/loving.
18. To be excited for the future and enjoy the present (still learning this too).
I hope that inspires you as much as it inspires me, although not so sure about 12.
Categories: Wisdom for life
Leave a Reply