I like reading posts etc that include Life Hacks: little things that are clever ways to do life better or make something easier.
Here is one my most commonly used Life Hacks and its to do with going to sleep….particularly when you wake up in the middle of the night and you can’t get back to sleep.
About 8 years ago, at Nowra City Church we had a Clinical Psychologist do a one day seminar on Depression. He spoke of sleep issues that often plague people with depression.
He then said that not just related to Depression, when you wake up and can’t get back to sleep: this is because when you are lying there thinking about stuff, often its emotional issues and when the emotional part of your brain is awake…you will be awake. So he said the key was to turn off the emotional side of the brain and turn on the logic side. If the logic part of the brain is awake…..you can sleep.
So this is what he said to do.
Start at 390 and count backwards by threes. This immediately turns on the logic side of your brain.
I do this whenever I wake up in the middle of the night and I rarely ever hit below 300 before I am asleep again.
Try it next time you are trying to get to sleep or back to sleep.
I hope that helps you.
Ps Peter Pilt
If this Blog has been helpful, informative, or inspirational to you, please feel free to share it on Facebook or Twitter. Email Subscriptions to my blog are welcome or you can contact me through Facebook (facebook.com/peter.pilt5), Twitter (@PeterPilt) or Insta (@PeterPilt). Have a great day.
My Top Ten Most Popular Blogs Are:
- Exposing Nimble: Dumb Little Loans Deceptive Little Company
- Today the World was Outraged by the Wrong Thing: The Mitchell Pearce Incident
- Top 20 Creative Sermon Titles and Illustrations From Peter Pilt
- Compelling Evidence of the Authenticity of the Bible.
- Social Media: Is it Positive or Negative for a Person’s Spiritual Journey
- Is it OK to Eat Red Meat on Good Friday?
- Powerful Meditation on Ezekiel 37, The Valley of Dry Bones
- 44 Powerful Emotive Australian Photos
- Peter Pilt’s Seven Thoughts on the Sydney Siege
- 39 Powerful and Thought Provoking Questions