So today (4th May 2016), the Leader of the Federal Greens, Adam Brandt spoke passionately and emotionally about the double immolation of Asylum seekers in Offshore detention centers. It seemed so heart felt:- Until you realize he was complicit, as was his party, in the drowning of 1200 Asylum Seekers off Australia’s shores.
Hey Adam. Want to be real? During your watch, when your party was in bed with the Gillard Govt, what did you say about the 1200 people who drowned in the Pacific Ocean? Oh Silence!!!! And for the record the 1200 people who drowned, didn’t drown silently. And re the 1200 people: that’s the people we actually know who drowned. Don’t even start on the boats from Sri Lanka….
So when you weep in Federal Parliament over the 2 people who self immolated in Australia’s detention centres, it does seem a little late. I wonder what the 1200 people who drowned, fighting for life (and Aussie Citizenship) in the deep blue ocean would think of your tears over two people who self harmed recently?
Anyway, That’s what I think
Ps Peter Pilt
If this Blog has been helpful, informative, or inspirational to you, please feel free to share it on Facebook or Twitter. Email Subscriptions to my blog are welcome or you can contact me through Facebook (facebook.com/peter.pilt5), Twitter (@PeterPilt) or Insta (@PeterPilt). Have a great day.
My Top Ten Most Popular Blogs Are:
- Exposing Nimble: Dumb Little Loans Deceptive Little Company
- Today the World was Outraged by the Wrong Thing: The Mitchell Pearce Incident
- Top 20 Creative Sermon Titles and Illustrations From Peter Pilt
- Compelling Evidence of the Authenticity of the Bible.
- Social Media: Is it Positive or Negative for a Person’s Spiritual Journey
- Is it OK to Eat Red Meat on Good Friday?
- Powerful Meditation on Ezekiel 37, The Valley of Dry Bones
- 44 Powerful Emotive Australian Photos
- Peter Pilt’s Seven Thoughts on the Sydney Siege
- 39 Powerful and Thought Provoking Questions