So at the COAG meeting in Canberra today, our State and National leaders have come out strongly against bullying, saying that they are going to make sure that ‘bullies are held accountable’.
Whilst I applaud the concept, there is simply no functional mechanism for this to be outworked in our nation – which makes the statement invalid.
Our court system can’t even keep perpetrators of domestic violence accountable for their actions.
Our court system can’t even keep people who breach Domestic Violence Orders accountable: So how would they keep bullies accountable?
Until Australia has a robust court system where magistrates are held accountable to a higher standard and therefore actually enforce the law, people will not be held accountable for what they do. Reality is that few people are held accountable for anything in this nation.
And we wonder why we have a bullying problem and a domestic violence problem (which is simply bullying in the house).
Our court system is broken.
Here is a few of my blogs to illustrate the point:-
- My Research and Thoughts on the Bail System in Australia
- Australia’s Judicial System Fails YET Again: Gold Coast Wife Murdered by Husband Out on Bail.
- The Bourke Street Mall Attack–I Have One Simple Question
- And Now The Courts of Australia Silently Scream Allahu Akbar.
- Two Thoughts (one probably controversial) re the situation in Penrith where a baby was burned in the Shower
- Yet Another Aussie Woman Slain in Suburbia: Reset and Repeat. Reset and Repeat.
Let’s stop believing in Unicorns and actually fix our court system. Otherwise we will just have nice sounding platitudes from our leaders that entertain our ears during the 6pm news.
Anyway, That’s what I think
Categories: Australian, Current Affairs
At last … a voice of reason 👍🏻