So there is outrage today after a Billboard in Melbourne advertising an Australia Day event featured two Muslim women.
I wonder if the people outraged are the same people with ‘Love it or Leave it’ bumper stickers on their car.
Clearly these two young ladies are loving it…so how about we all calm down.
Australia has freedom of religion and that is one of the things that makes it great. If I as a Christian enjoy freedom of religion then by it’s very definition I must celebrate the freedom others have to choose theirs. (And I also have the freedom to tell them about Jesus). The fact that these two women are celebrating Australia Day is awesome. We want people who come from other lands to assimilate into our culture and love the Aussie way of life.
The problem comes when people come into Australia and want to change our way of life.
This ad and these two ladies are the very opposite of this.
I would invite them to my Lamb BBQ on January 26th.
Anyway, that’s what I think,
If this Blog has been helpful, informative, or inspirational to you, please feel free to share it on Facebook or Twitter. Email Subscriptions to my blog are welcome or you can contact me through Facebook (facebook.com/peter.pilt5), Twitter (@PeterPilt) or Insta (@PeterPilt). Have a great day.
My Top Ten Most Popular Blogs Are:
- Exposing Nimble: Dumb Little Loans Deceptive Little Company
- Today the World was Outraged by the Wrong Thing: The Mitchell Pearce Incident
- Top 20 Creative Sermon Titles and Illustrations From Peter Pilt
- Compelling Evidence of the Authenticity of the Bible.
- Social Media: Is it Positive or Negative for a Person’s Spiritual Journey
- Is it OK to Eat Red Meat on Good Friday?
- Powerful Meditation on Ezekiel 37, The Valley of Dry Bones
- 44 Powerful Emotive Australian Photos
- Peter Pilt’s Seven Thoughts on the Sydney Siege
- 39 Powerful and Thought Provoking Questions