I blog regularly. Sometimes my blog topics are controversial. Here are the Top 5 Controversial Blogs of 2016.
1) On May 19th 2016, Bill Shorten’s motorcade pulled off a country road starting a chain of events that led to a head on car accident. As a result Shorten was filmed caring for a lady who had been in one of the cars. I wrote a blog about how the camera’s really should have been turned off: particularly as it’s in an election campaign. This sparked two very well read blogs and made me very popular with the Canberra Press Gallery only months out from a Federal Election:
2) The world was outraged by Mitchell Pearce, the Rooster’s Co-Captain’s action with a dog….But I suggested the world got outraged by the wrong thing in this story….
3) Imagine if I walked up to a young teenage schoolgirl, aged 17, and ripped open her shirt without her permission, (actually whether I have her permission or not is irrelevant) exposing her braless breasts. As a 46 year old male, this behaviour would be deemed to be wrong on every level, and so it should it be. I would be charged, sacked from my current role and I would even suggest probably divorced. And rightly so. Totally unacceptable behaviour. But if you are Madonna apparently its ok….
4) The Australian Labor Party today (June 28th 2016) said that the very first bill it will introduce in Parliament, should it win office this weekend, is that of same-sex marriage. I suggested there were other priorities in this blog…..
5) The murder of foster child Tiahleigh Palmer, by her foster father outraged the world…..But I have seen how messed up the Foster system is and so I blogged….didn’t realise how controversial this would be…..but just read the comments on the blog to see the upset I caused.
And here is a bonus blog just for Christians….
Sometimes I feel beaten up by the reaction I get to the blogs I post. Sometimes this leads me to take a few weeks off from posting. I am told by those around me to stop posting controversial things if I can’t handle the heat….And whilst I don’t like the heat….I feel a deep conviction to continue to point out stuff that happens in the world that are against my values. I don’t want to live in the world that Waleed from The Project subscribes too…. I mean if I wanted to live like that I would move to North Korea………Oh wait let’s give Waleed a Gold Logie…No No No
Oh and I couldn’t not include my blog about How I Would Gut A Gorilla To Protect My Daughters.
Anyway that’s what I think.
If this Blog has been helpful, informative, or inspirational to you, please feel free to share it on Facebook or Twitter. Email Subscriptions to my blog are welcome or you can contact me through Facebook (facebook.com/peter.pilt5), Twitter (@PeterPilt) or Insta (@PeterPilt). Have a great day.
My Top Ten Most Popular Blogs Are:
- Exposing Nimble: Dumb Little Loans Deceptive Little Company
- Today the World was Outraged by the Wrong Thing: The Mitchell Pearce Incident
- Top 20 Creative Sermon Titles and Illustrations From Peter Pilt
- Compelling Evidence of the Authenticity of the Bible.
- Social Media: Is it Positive or Negative for a Person’s Spiritual Journey
- Is it OK to Eat Red Meat on Good Friday?
- Powerful Meditation on Ezekiel 37, The Valley of Dry Bones
- 44 Powerful Emotive Australian Photos
- Peter Pilt’s Seven Thoughts on the Sydney Siege
- 39 Powerful and Thought Provoking Questions